Our approach to the implementation of Assurance of Learning (AoL) at UUM COB include the following actions:
At the College level:
- Coordination of an Assurance of Learning process by a Taskforce at the College level, consisting of Taskforce members (Assistant Vice Chancellor, professors, associate professors, and faculty members) and the management team from each of the school/departments to spearhead AoL efforts, mainly to develop the overall plan and guide the AoL process.
- Reengineering/integrating of our internal quality audit processes to make AoL intrinsic in our regular quality assurance system.
- Regular training, and dissemination of AoL information to School’s AoL committees and faculty members to ensure smooth and comprehensive adoption of the AoL process.
- Adoption of an outcomes-based education (OBE) online system (developed by the University, and closely monitored by the University Teaching and Learning Centre and Computer Centre) to commence in Semester 1 (September 2014) to further enhance our AoL process.
- Institutionalization of a policy for the AoL process and to build a shared understanding of the overall AoL process.
- Establishment of an Assurance of Learning Committee at the school level, consisting of the school management team as well as faculty members from each of the school/departments to manage AoL efforts at the respective schools.
- Development of an AoL system:
At the School/Department Level:
- Careful definitions of learning goals for all the degree programs at the Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral levels, and establishment of corresponding objectives.
- Development of timelines/curriculum maps for collecting evidence of student achievement of learning goals.
- Collection of assessment data from a combination of assessment tools, including: course-embedded examinations, quizzes/on-line quizzes, assignments, peer reviews, case study reports, field work reports, research proposals, and thesis.
- Analyses of assessment data by appropriate faculty members and committees.
- Reporting of findings/results at the program/school levels; and suggestions/action plans were agreed for continuous improvements.
- Making efforts to follow through on assessment and take “closing the loop” actions for continuous curriculum improvement.
- Identification of assessment opportunities to collect meaningful measurements that drives continuous curriculum improvement.
- Regular discussions and dissemination of AoL information to faculty members to ensure smooth adoption of the AoL system, and to facilitate faculty involvement.
|School of Business Management (SBM)||School of Accountancy (SoA)||School of Economics, Finance and Banking (SEFB)|
Human Resource Management
Audit & Information System
Banking & Risk Management
|School of Technology Management and Logistics (STML)||Islamic Business School (IBS)||Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School of Business (OYA GSB)|
Department of International Business